Surgical Affiliates Management Group: Committed to Achieving the Highest Quality Surgical Care
At Surgical Affiliates, we passionately believe that every patient – no matter their location, type of injury, or time of the day or night they need help – deserves the highest level of surgical care. Our goal is to work with our hospital partners to transform the way surgical care is delivered throughout the United States.
By applying the standards established by the American College of Surgeons for trauma care – such as performance improvement programs, peer review, and physician practice management guidelines – to a broader spectrum of emergency surgery we are raising the bar for emergency surgery performance and outcomes in non-trauma hospitals.
Founded in 1996, by trauma surgeon, Leon J. Owens, MD, FACS, our expertise in developing solutions to surgical challenges is second to none. Our experienced surgical and management experts are relied upon by hospitals of all types and sizes for permanent, sustainable solutions for trauma, orthopedic and acute care surgery so that:
- Hospital/surgical hospitalist goals are aligned through quality and performance metrics
- Best practices are consistently observed through local practice-specific development of physician practice management guidelines
- Care is coordinated with other hospital teams and departments through daily interdisciplinary meetings
- Frequent communication with patients and their families, improving the patient experience
- Hospitals have a partner with the expertise to develop or expand their trauma centers, allowing them to deliver the highest standard of surgical care to the communities they serve
While other companies provide surgical call coverage, Surgical Affiliates is the only healthcare organization delivering surgeon-led integrated surgical hospitalist programs that work collaboratively with our hospital partners to achieve their strategic surgical objectives in trauma, orthopedic and acute care surgery.